Tuesday 27 December 2011

Australian Reserves Round 2

Today I had a relatively easy win against John Langer.
This game me a chance to put both of my games from the first two rounds into the computer ... with some shocking results!
Here is my round 1 game:

I missed a few good moves, including 17...Nxb2 ... and even played the horrendous 35...Ke8? which allows 36.Qxh3, with the huge threat of 37.Qe6+, with Fritz jumping to -4 or thereabouts! I have to in fact play 35...Kf8 & allow the repetition after 36.Qh8+ Ke7 37.Qh7+ Kf8 etc.
Today's game was somewhat more straightforward, with a fairly routine win:

The early finish allowed me time to take some photos of the venue:
The pairings aren't out yet for round 3, but I'm expecting a tough game, whoever my opponent is.

No comments:

Post a Comment